|Name of hotel, resort, or cruise ship|
|One a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your trip|
|What was your favorite thing about the trip?|
|Our wedding! We got married on the beach, the weather had the possibility of rain. Our wedding coordinator, Yeomandry, was AMAZING! She set us up still beachfront under a beautiful tiki hut! The staff that worked it was so great and friendly. The bartender Mauricio was so personable and attentive! It could not have been any more perfect! If you go, I highly recommend going on the preferred side! It’s worth the little extra cash! You get access to another pool, 2 preferred lounges that always has snacks and drinks. Plus, you can check in while you sit, have a snack and champagne! They also put a banner on our door that said “just married” and put rose petals on the bed and jacuzzi with with bubbles! They gave us 3 bottles of champagne in our room during our stay. We had a romantic dinner on the beach one night that was great too! They serve you a ton of food and. Champagne and a trio came out and sang and played guitar for us!|
|Were there any service issues we should be aware of?|
|The only thing was if you ask for anything extra, it’s hard to get! We told them I was getting bit by Mosquitos and they offered to spray the room and they never did. Even after we called down a second time and still no one came. We asked about fixing the jacuzzi as well, no one came. My now hubby, fixed it! Turned out it was just the breaker in our room.|
|Which of our consultants did you work with?|
|On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the service you received from your consultant?|
|10 at the least!|
|Would you recommend our services to others?|
|Reason for your response|
|Bernie was fantastic! She was so sweet and helped us with everything! She was insanely fast on getting back to you whether it was an email, phone call or text! She helped even getting answers from our wedding coordinator. With Bernie’s help I had no doubts of anything going wrong. We had 13 people total going and no one had any issues! She got us on the same flights and sitting by each other as well! We will be visiting Bernie again, I have a feeling!|
Posts Tagged ‘beach wedding’
Our Favorite Things to Do in Hawaii
When the words “tropical” and “honeymoon” are combined in a sentence Hawaii is one of the first places most people think of and rightfully so. After all, this collection of islands is famed for its friendly people, beautiful resorts and awe-inspiring, highly romantic landscapes.
But, just what can honeymooners do during a stay in Hawaii is a question that often gets asked. While specific attractions vary based on the island or islands you choose to visit during your honeymoon, here are some of our favorite things to do in Hawaii to help you plan out your adventure:
- Go beach hopping: Whether you’re staying right on Waikiki or your plans take you closer to Oahu’s North Shore, a Hawaiian honeymoon isn’t complete without a day or two at the beach. Each of the islands boasts its own top beaches with their own distinct traits. What you’ll find, however, is that all of them offer beautiful sights, warm waters and plenty of activities that go beyond swimming. Depending on where and when you visit, you can also enjoy sailing, snorkeling, whale watching, hang gliding and a whole lot more during a trip to a “typical” Hawaiian beach. Should you desire a truly romantic excursion, consider a moonlit walk along the Hawaiian shores or get hooked up for beachfront horseback riding.
- Go hiking: If you want to get a true taste of the beauty that is Hawaii you have to get out of a car or off the tour bus to really experience the splendor. One of the best ways to do this is to spend a leisurely day hiking some of Hawaii’s most notable terrain. Some of the best places to go include Hanakapi’ai Falls in Kauai, Koko Head Crater trail, Kings Highway and the Wa’ahila Ridge Trail.
- Take an aerial tour: Not ready to hit the trails on foot, but still want to see Hawaii’s splendor in a more intimate and romantic way? If so, a small plane or helicopter tour of some of the famous sights might be in order. The advantage here is you’ll get a bird’s eye view of the beautiful volcanic mountains and lush valleys without having to break a sweat in the process. Plus, these tours can be arranged for two, which means your alone time can largely remain so.
- Get dangerous: If you and your honey want some serious adventure and you don’t mind getting wet in the process consider cage diving with sharks. Yep, you can do this in Hawaii! Oahu’s North Shore is famous for its guided shark encounters.
Are you ready to plan a post-wedding trip that’s sure to create memories that will last a lifetime? If so, just talk to our honeymoon travel experts about the unusual, romantic and fascinating things to do in Hawaii.
This week Bernie is headed to Hawaii to check out some great hotels and resorts, and view everything these islands have to offer. Follow along on our Facebook page for more info!
The only thing more romantic than spending your anniversary saying your “I do’s” all over again is doing so with a tropical sunset in the background.
If you’re dreaming of a beach getaway for your upcoming anniversary vow renewal ceremony, have we got some ideas for you! Not only are these locations some of the best in the world, they are also all renowned for their incredibly hospitable resorts that have staff members who would be thrilled to help make sure your special day goes off without a hitch for you and your guests.
Here are some of our top beach vow renewal destination recommendations:
Renew your vows in Aruba – This classic Caribbean destination provides a stunning backdrop for a vow renewal ceremony. Not only are its beaches legendary, its culture is one you and your guests are sure to love. You’ll enjoy some great scenery, incredible history and service that’s second to none here. To put a little icing on the cake, Aruba is even close enough to the United States that a trip here shouldn’t take too long.
Be dazzled by Bora Bora – Spend your anniversary in Bora Bora and you’ll soon learn what all the fuss is about when it comes to this Pacific destination. This particular island is famed for its distinct landscape, lush tropical vegetation, stunning mountains and lovely beaches. You’ll even find bungalows over the water for that extra special second honeymoon stay after you renew your vows in Bora Bora.
Find never-ending fun in Fiji – Whether you intend to have lots of friends and family join you or you and your honey just want to renew your vows in an intimate ceremony, this South Pacific destination is sure to please. Fiji is perfect for anniversary trips thanks to its pristine beaches, local flavors, friendly people and breathtaking landscapes. Romantics adore this destination not only for its beauty, but also the level of service provided at local resorts. From fun in the sun to dining in style, you won’t get bored in Fiji.
Renew your vows in Hawaii – Should you want a destination that’s still “exotic,” but doesn’t require a passport for you and your guests, pick Hawaii. This state has all the wonders of the South Pacific to offer plus it makes travel just a little more convenient. While it’s still America, the Hawaiian islands have a styling that’s all their own.
Want to explore other beach vow renewal destinations or book a trip to one of our favorite spots? Just contact one of our travel advisors to get started!
Are you looking for a honeymoon experience that’s romantic, unusual and highly adventurous without skipping in the luxury department? Then take a cue from that catchy song and head on down to the Love Shack!
What’s a love shack?
Nope, they’re not tin-roofed joints that are hopping every night of the week with music, libations and get-togethers. That, however, doesn’t mean you won’t find happening night spots near to the love shacks we’re suggesting for your honeymoon though.
In this case, the love shacks we have in mind are on-the-water or over-water bungalows. Think Robinson Crusoe meets your favorite 5-star resort and you’ll have a pretty good idea of what to expect. The best love shacks in the world for honeymooners combine that intimate privacy that Crusoe enjoyed with the romance of a tropical destination and the impeccable service honeymooners deserve.
So where are the best destinations for finding utterly romantic love shacks? Believe it or not; you’ll find them all over the world! Our favorite huts on the beach though are found in Tulum, Mexico, and Belize.
While each destination is very distinct, they both have a few things in common that make their love shacks top our list. They are:
The beaches – Tulum and Belize are both famed for their stunning beaches and miles of coastline. In both destinations you can enjoy the surf, sand, sunshine and topnotch water sports that you’d expect from a tropical vacation.
The privacy – The love shacks found in both Belize and Tulum are designed to provide honeymoons – and other couples in love – with the privacy they crave. Guests at resorts throughout these two locations will find the very best in service when it’s wanted and the utmost privacy when they desire it. The accommodations in both locations, by the way, are simple stunning. While we’re calling them “love shacks,” luxury is truly found in every room detail.
The other possibilities – Honeymooners don’t always want to stay locked up in their rooms for days on end. When it’s time to get out explore and have some fun, both Tulum and Belize deliver. In both locations, you’ll find wonderful dining, eco-tourism opportunities, historic sites, shopping, nightclubs and more all waiting for you to explore.
If you’re looking for something tropical, yet highly distinct for your honeymoon, you can’t go wrong with a love shack. To find out more about booking a bungalow for two, just consult with our honeymoon travel advisors. Our pros will be more than happy to help you find just the right accommodations in the perfect destination for your romantic adventure.
If your heart is set on renewing your vows in front of friends and family in a tropical paradise, Fiji just might be the place to go. Making sure you have everything in order to make the big day one you’ll never forget, however, is going to take some time and planning.
Don’t worry though; here are some tips that can help you plan a magical renewal (and second honeymoon) in this South Pacific destination:
- Set your guest list early – This is one of the critical first steps in planning any destination renewal. For Fiji, it’s very likely your guests will need to get passports or make sure they’re in order. With this in mind, you’ll want to set the list as early as possible to give everyone the time necessary to get their documents in order.
- Consider the budget – Flying to Fiji for a destination renewal ceremony can be a costly undertaking. Consider early if you intend to pay for everything, or if guests will be asked to pick up the tab for their flights and hotel accommodations. Either way, if you work with a travel advisor, chances are you can get some great deals on all-inclusive packages.
- Pick your hotel with care – Fiji is famed for having some of the world’s most incredible resorts. From stunning 5-star destinations that have everything imaginable right on site to more private locales with overwater bungalows, you can find them all. Just work directly with your vow renewal travel planner to find a resort that can accommodate your wishes, provide a place (or assistance with) the ceremony and so on. There are resorts that have everything you need to ensure you and your guests have an incredible time.
- Consider your second honeymoon carefully – Fiji is such an amazing destination, you might decide you want to enjoy your second honeymoon right on the site of your vow renewal ceremony. Keep in mind, however, that this could mean spending it with the friends and family you’ve invited along. Weigh the options and decide what fits best for your personal tastes.
- Get everything finalized as early as possible – The more advanced planning you give yourself and your guests, the more likely it is you will be able to create an affair you’ll remember for a lifetime.
To make sure your vow renewal in Fiji goes off without a hitch, enlist the help of our travel planning experts as early in the game as possible. Even if you’re planning a year ahead, expert advice can help you be certain you and your guests will have the time of your lives.
We recently returned from a little vacation at Azul Beach. This tiny but amazing boutique resort is located on a great stretch of beach in the Riviera Maya.
Because of my job, I get to stay in a lot of great hotels. But Azul Beach offered something new to impress me every single day of our stay. Here’s a couple of reason why I think you should consider it for your next get-away.
The Service: From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted with a glass of Champaign, a chilled towel, and a friendly but unobtrusive host who seemed to somehow anticipate what we wanted without us ever having to really ask. My luggage magically appeared in my room, along with a healthy snack, a beach towel, and air conditioning that seemed to be set at the perfect temperature. Our swim-up villa was nothing short of amazing, with a comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, and plenty of space to relax.
The Food: One of the best reasons to stay at Azul Beach is for the food. Lunch on our first started out with a chilled glass of watermelon water and fantastic salad. The menu options were creative, but had enough familiar elements that there was really something for everyone. And unlike so many all-inclusive resorts that just offer one buffet after the next, everything at Azul Beach was fresh, and served from a menu. Everything we tried was fantastic. And for me, the lone vegetarian in the group, I found plenty of meals to be excited about rather than the typical vegetarian fare. Each night of our stay we enjoyed one of their specialty restaurants, which included Italian, Latin, and Asian options. And the desserts were to die for.
The Experience: While Azul Beach is tiny, the petite size of this boutique resort is one of its greatest assets. Unlike a mega-resort experience, within 24 hours the staff knew each member of our group by name, what our dining preferences are, had arranged for a fantastic beach palapa, and reminded me that yoga class was at 10:00. A woman from the spa appeared like a fairy god-mother while we lay by the ocean to schedule our spa treatments. And while I didn’t know I wanted a pillow menu, now that I’ve had it, I can’t imagine staying somewhere without one.
Our fellow guests at Azul Beach were friendly and welcoming as well, with complete strangers becoming dinner companions and volley ball teammates in no time. It’s the kind of place you’ll never want to leave, and likely want to go back to year after year.
Azul Beach is perfect for a honeymoon, intimate destination wedding, or relaxing get-away. To learn more about our exclusive offers for Azul Beach, contact our experts today!
Beautiful beaches are caressed by shockingly blue ocean waters. Tropical breezes make even the hottest days comfortable. Historic landmarks call to the curious. Revelry is commonplace courtesy of frequent festivals, lots of restaurants and more night spots than you could easily shake a stick at.
If you think you’ll need a passport to make this paradise your honeymoon reality, think again!
Just hop in a car, board a plane or take a cruise to Key West and you’ll soon discover what all the hoopla is about. This American honeymoon destination is one that’s guaranteed to help you make memories.
Here are just a few reasons why:
- The climate and geography – Key West is Florida’s own paradise. Considering its location, you can count on weather that’s practically perfect no matter what time of year you plan to visit. Plus, the geography is simply stunning. Picture the most beautiful tropical island beaches you’ve seen and that will give you a feel for what Key West has to offer.
- The historic attractions – Key West is home to a number of amazing attractions and it’s nearby to some many others known the world over. From nearby Dry Tortugas National Park (which requires boat travel to access) to Hemingway’s island getaway, you’ll discover lots of landmarks are packed into this 7.4-square-mile island.
- The romance and adventure – While Key West is famed for Margaritaville, the Sunset Festival at Mallory Square and other lively destinations and festivities, it’s also a great place for romance and adventure. The beaches will take your breath away and the opportunities to snorkel, dive, waterski and more are practically never-ending. You’ll also find incredible restaurants, lively bars, quaint shops and plenty of other attractions. No matter what types of activities tickle your fancy, you’re going to find lots to do here. Now back to that Sunset Festival: This occurs daily at, you guessed it, sunset! Just head down to the square and you’ll not only see the prettiest sunset ever, but also street performers, artists and a host of other characters in action.
- The resorts – As you can well imagine, Key West is home to some amazing hotels and resorts. Here you will find 5-star resorts poised to cater to your every desire. There are also smaller, boutique resorts that are perfect for honeymooners that relish a more intimate setting.
Finding a tropical paradise doesn’t demand out-of-country travel. If you and your honey want to celebrate your wedding in grand style, you only need to make Key West your destination. To find out more about this American paradise, just consult our honeymoon travel experts.
Looking for a beautiful, tropical getaway for your honeymoon that’s not on every single tourist’s radar? It might be time to explore the wonders Mexico has to offer. Zihuatenajo and Ixtapa in the state of Guerrero offer everything the big “tourist destinations” do and a whole lot more. Privacy and intimacy, in fact, are two of this area’s biggest draws.
If you aren’t familiar with Guerrero, it’s located in the southwestern part of Mexico. It has a generous Pacific Ocean coastline and more beaches than you could shake a stick at. If you’re hoping to enjoy a slice of paradise while on your honeymoon, there are plenty of reasons to explore this balmy region more closely.
Here are three reasons why Zihuatenajo and Ixtapa should be on your honeymoon planning radar:
- The natural beauty – The two villages of Zihuatenajo and Ixtapa are located right on the water and boast beautiful, sloping hills leading down to the water. To ensure that a romantic, unspoiled view is always available, these towns have avoided construction of high rises. That means their protected beaches offer a tremendous view that’s not blocked by the hustle and bustle that ruins so many other tourist destinations.
- The accommodations – While you won’t find towering hotels in this part of Mexico, you will find plenty of first-class accommodations. The area is famed for its private, luxury hotels that make sure visitors have all the pampering they need to really enjoy. If the ultimate in privacy is desired, there are even boutique resorts that ensure newlyweds have the time of their lives.
- The things to do – The beaches and watersports are two of the biggest draws to this part of Mexico, but you can rest assured there is much more to do here than just play in the sun and surf. With either of these two quaint towns serving as your home base you can easily explore the culture found in a Mexican fishing village. You can also embark on conservation tours, take a day trip into Patzcuaro, Acapulco or go and see the famed colonial architecture of Taxco. Plus, the nightlife in this region doesn’t leave a thing to be desired.
If a quieter pace is desired for your honeymoon, the sister towns of Zihuatenajo and Ixtapa, Mexico, might be exactly what you’re looking for. Zihautanejo, by the way, is the dream destination spoken so highly of in the movie “The Shawshank Redemption.” To find out more about these jewels in the Pacific, just check with our honeymoon travel experts.
Imagine sipping refreshing drinks with little umbrellas on the side as a warm Caribbean breeze blows over crystal clear turquoise waters. Select Antigua for your honeymoon destination and this fantasy can be reality.
Antigua is quaint little island in the Caribbean Sea that’s often overlooked by honeymooners – very much to their loss. While it only boasts about 108 square miles of land, Antigua packs plenty of things for a newlywed couple to do in its compact space.
This little island is the perfect spot to honeymoon for many reasons. Here are three of the top:
- The climate – Because of its location so close to the equator, Antigua offers beautiful weather year-round. The winter months see highs in the mid-70s. Summer months do bring slightly warmer weather with highs in the upper 80s. Even so, the Caribbean Sea delivers cool breezes year-round making it comfortable to explore the great outdoors. While rain is common here, Antigua does boast one of the lowest rainfall averages in the eastern Caribbean. Considering is practically perfect year-round climate, Antigua is a fantastic destination no matter the season.
- The attractions – Antigua is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. The island boasts more than 360 different beaches, all famed for their pristine white sand. It also has stunning, rugged coastlines, coral reefs, breathtaking bays and plenty of outdoor attractions to take in. Visitors here find no shortage of things to do either. In addition to water sports and lazing on the beaches, you will find that practically anything you want to do can be done in Antigua. The island is also home to a number of historic sites, harbors, restaurants, shopping areas, nightclubs and more. Honeymooners can also enjoy some serious high adventure here. Kayaking, zip line rain forest tours, parasailing and more are all possible.
- The resorts – Antigua is home to numerous resorts that are just right for honeymooners looking for first-class service. From quaint little resorts that feature lots of privacy for newlyweds to high-end destinations that are well equipped to cater to every need, visitors here do not have to concern themselves with service.
If you’re looking for a honeymoon destination that’s different and distinctly romantic, Antigua is a spot worth exploring. This little island paradise is naturally romantic, but doesn’t skip a beat when it comes to things to do and incredible places to stay. Just consider the possibilities.