Celebrating a big anniversary by taking a whirlwind destination to some place cozy, romantic and wonderful is a great way to mark the occasion. For those with a passion for history, the world is truly their oyster with anniversary packages available that can help couples explore the past to their hearts’ content.
If the desire is to truly blend a romance with historic sightseeing, there are a number of anniversary trips that fit the bill perfectly. Here are just a few of the destinations you might want to explore as that milestone anniversary approaches:
- Mexico – This country is just a hop, skip and a jump away and it happens to be home to some of the best preserved pre-Columbian landmarks in the world. Stay at one of the Yucatan Peninsula’s amazing resorts, but plan side trips to see such things as Chichen Itza and Coba.
- Rome – When it comes to historic sites, it is very hard to top this city that blends ancient sites and modern wonders so beautifully. Here you can walk in the footsteps of Caesar and Octavian by taking a trip to Palatine Hill, visiting the Colisseum and the old temples. Travel along the Via Appia Antica to see the well-preserved destinations along the way, including the catacombs of San Callisto.
- Paris – The City of Lights is also a city of rich history, art and culture. Ideal for anniversary trips, the number of places to put on a must-see list can keep you in adventures for days on end. Be sure to check out Notre Dame Cathedral, the Pantheon of Paris, the catacombs, and, of course, the Louvre. Anniversary packages here are guaranteed to blend romantic sights with historic wonders.
- London – From Buckingham Palace to the Tower of London, this metropolis has historic sites at every turn. It’s also an incredibly romantic destination that’s sure to make an anniversary trip memorable.
- The Caribbean – Pick almost any island in this region or combination of them and you’re going to be able to blend beautiful surf and sand with some amazing historic sites. Destinations here are easy to reach by plane or even cruise line if you want to combine some serious pampering along with historic sightseeing.
If you and your honey love taking in the wonders of history, there are plenty of anniversary trips that are sure to please. From the ancient sites of Mexico and Rome to the beautiful Caribbean, the hardest part is choosing the place to go. If you’d prefer to stay closer to home, explore America’s treasures by visiting New England, New York or even San Francisco. Be sure to consult your anniversary travel advisor for some great ideas and anniversary packages that might help make putting it all together a whole lot easier.