Our Favorite Caribbean Foodie Destinations for Honeymooners
Warm tropical breezes, sunshine, blue skies and seemingly endless miles of beaches: What’s not to love about the Caribbean? From its world-class resorts and stunning landscapes to its signature foods, it’s the perfect place for a honeymoon.
Speaking of those signature foods, if you’re a passionate foodie, there are plenty of tasty destinations to consider for your honeymoon. The Caribbean delivers a cornucopia of options for those who put fine dining high on their lists of things to do while on vacation.
Here are just a few of our favorite Caribbean destinations for food honeymooners:
- The Cayman Islands – Offering an eclectic blend of British, Central American and island flavors, the dishes served up in restaurants here are the stuff legends are made of.
- Jamaica – Noted not only for its beaches and incredible island music, Jamaica is a must-do for serious foodies who love Caribbean flair. Be sure to try jerk done the right way while here. Pork and chicken are the mainstays, but it’s possible to try beef, fish and even goat jerk style.
- Puerto Rico – For a real international taste explosion, Puerto Rico is a must visit. With its American, Spanish and Caribbean roots, the foods here defy description. Be sure to consider a stay in San Juan to try some of Puerto Rico’s most notable dishes. This city is famed for the culinary marvels its restaurants whip up.
- St. Lucia – Home to some of the most beautiful resorts in the entire Caribbean, this island dishes up a menu that’s a bit different. Here honeymooners will find a blend of Creole cuisine with a healthy dose of British and French flavors blended in for good measure. Green bananas and salt fish are a popular blend and barbecued seafood also finds its way on many menus.
- St. Martin – This is a relatively small island destination that packs a huge gastronomical punch. With hundreds of restaurants, St. Martin is famed for its Dutch and French flavors with a touch of Caribbean style tossed in for good measure.
While the above islands are a few of our favorites, keep in mind the Caribbean is absolutely brimming over with incredible taste experiences. Making this region even better for honeymooners are those amazing beaches, stunning sunsets and romantic landscapes the Caribbean is famed for. If you’re considering a honeymoon somewhere warm and tropical, be sure to get with our honeymoon travel experts to explore the best destinations for foodie adventures.