Are you a bride attending a bridal show for the very first time? It can be an overwhelming experience. Here’s some of our top bridal show tips!
- Create an email address just for your wedding. You’ll be nothing short of amazed at the number of emails, phone calls, and even direct mail pieces you’ll get following a bridal show. Sadly, not all vendors know where to draw the line between marketing and stalking. So it’s a great idea to set up an email address, like email@example.com, and have all your wedding related emails sent to that account. After the big day is over, you can simply close that account. And if you don’t want calls from vendors, don’t give your phone number out when you register for the show, or at the booths.
- Print a sheet of return address labels with your wedding date. Each booth will most likely have a drawing at their booth that you’ll want to sign up for. Printing a sheet of labels will save you from getting serious case of writers cramp.
- Get discount tickets before the show. Most bridal shows offer a discount if you purchase your tickets online before the show. Some of your favorite wedding vendors may have tickets to share with you as well.
- Bring a big bag! You’ll pick up a ton of brochures and business cards at the show. Most shows will give you a bag when you register, but it’s a good idea to bring your own just in case they don’t have any available.
- Bring a friend. Bring along a friend that you trust with assisting you with your wedding planning, to get their input on the vendors at the show.
- Print out our checklist. There can be as many as 250 vendors at a bridal show! It’s next to impossible to remember which ones you wanted to meet with following the show. The checklist will give you a great way to keep track of the vendors you need to contact after the show.