01 Jun 14 Reasons Why You Need Travel Insurance
You may be thinking “Do I really need to spend the money for insurance? Really?” I’m going on this trip no matter what!”
Here are 14 reasons why our clients have had to cancel in the past year that they never saw coming! Without insurance, they would not qualify for any refund.
- I ran my passport through the wash. ( We’ve had two of these in the last 3 years)
- I can’t find my passport, and my flight leaves in 4 hours.
- They called off the wedding.
- I broke my leg.
- I’m pregnant!
- I’m moving out of the country.
- I lost my job and can’t afford to travel.
- We have food poisoning and can’t get on the plane.
- I’ve changed jobs and can no longer get the time off from work.
- There’s a warrant out for my arrest.
- A close family member had a medical emergency the day before departure and I have to stay home to be with them.
- The wedding was postponed after the bookings were already in full penalty but I cannot make the new dates.
- I am no longer friends with the wedding couple.
- The destination changed their COVID entry rules to require vaccination and I can no longer attend.
These are just some of the reasons for cancelation we’ve gotten. Every single one of these people had planned to travel when they booked. And of course, they all thought the cancelation policy shouldn’t apply to them, based on their unfortunate circumstances. But you don’t buy insurance because you plan to cancel. You buy insurance because you never know what could happen.
If you’ve got questions about travel insurance, contact your favorite Bliss Honeymoons agent today!