27 Jan 8 Traits Of A Successful Travel Agent
Posted at 09:02h in Travel Agent Careers
So you’ve always dreamed about being a travel consultant, but you’re not sure you have what it takes. Here are some of the qualities of the most successful people in our business.
- They take pride in customer service: Many travel consultants worked in retail or as bartenders, servers, and baristas before they got into travel. Travel consultants need to deliver great customer service every day. So if you’ve worked in a customer service job in the past and enjoyed it, you’d probably also enjoy being a travel agent.
- They work well with others and independently: Our consultants work from home and are responsible for managing their schedule and their workload. They are also in constant communication with each other and care about the success of the others on the team. While some agencies are more competitive, our group truly supports each other’s goals and success.
- They embrace their inner salesperson: So many people get into the travel business and fail because they don’t understand that being in travel means selling yourself, your expertise, and your services. As a commission-based consultant, how much you make is really determined by you! While some people are more comfortable in a traditional job with a regular paycheck, travel consultants must embrace a sales mindset and develop a system to manage their clients and their finances effectively.
- They are crazy organized: Travel consultants are typically managing multiple clients at once who are all at various stages of the booking process. One client may need to get more info about a package, while another client may need help figuring out passport rules. The most successful agents implement a solid organizational system from day one to ensure that no one falls through the cracks, and everyone receives excellent service.
- They aren’t afraid to say no: Taking on the wrong client, or booking something for a client that you know they won’t enjoy, can cost you countless hours of frustration. Learning which clients are the right clients, and which would have more success with a different consultant, means less frustration for you, and a better experience for your clients.
- They love to travel: This may seem like a given, but you’d be surprised at the number of people in our industry that don’t enjoy traveling! Traveling allows our agents to give their clients far better insight into what destinations and resorts are the best fit for their clients.
- They are comfortable with technology: Travel consultants use multiple booking, quoting, and email systems. Being comfortable with technology and staying on top of the latest tech tools is a must and makes the job so much easier!
- They love to learn new things: There is always something new in the travel industry. Fortunately, hoteliers, tourism boards, and cruise lines invest heavily into the agent community and offer countless training opportunities. Agents who set aside a couple of hours each month to learn about what’s happening in the industry are able to increase their sales and efficiently service their client
Of course, these are just a few of the traits of a great travel consultant. If you’d like to learn more about whether or not a career in travel is right for you, contact us today!