07 Aug Top 5 Vow Renewal Planning Tips
If you’re like most couples, you actually had to watch the video to really enjoy everything that happened on your wedding day. After all, with so much going on, so much to do and nerves on edge, it’s just hard to take it all in!
Now that you’re planning to renew your vows, you have the perfect opportunity to do it all over again and really sit back and enjoy yourselves. Those last-minute jitters shouldn’t be a part of this celebration – especially if you plan things out well.
So, what do you need to know to make sure your wedding day part two goes off without a hitch?
Here are a few tips that can make things flow smoothly so the day is all about celebrating your love and not worrying if the caterers have the menu right:
- Start planning early – Unless you have a spur-of-the-moment surprise renewal in mind, early planning can take a lot of the weight off your shoulders. Give yourself at least a few months to really brainstorm for ideas, research, get quotes and set things up.
- Set a realistic budget right away – You can’t put a price on love, but you should on the celebration. You and your spouse should set a realistic budget before arranging anything and try to stick to it. This can remove a lot of the hassles and worries that can go along with planning a big to-do.
- Do it your way – Chances are your actual wedding day was heavily influenced by family and friends. This is your time to make sure everything is arranged the way you really want it – from the guest list and flowers right on down to the second honeymoon. Unless the renewal is a surprise, get your spouse involved in the planning and create the event that you both want.
- Get some help – It’s okay to enlist friends, family and even a professional planner to make sure all the little details are attended to. Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Even if you’re just planning a very simple affair, a few extra hands can make it a whole lot more fun.
- Make sure the second honeymoon is special – Don’t forget to cap off the renewal ceremony with a romantic getaway for two. Consider quaint boutique destinations that cater to couples and be sure to pick a destination both you and your spouse have been dying to see!
Planning a renewal ceremony shouldn’t be as stressful as your original wedding. Remember, it’s a celebration of your enduring love and commitment to one another. Make the celebration reflect your personalities and you will have the time of your life!
Check out some of our favorite vow renewal packages here!
Contact our experts for more info.